Mastering great challenges! Composite specialities with high quality standards.
The wind industry is one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. Global installed capacity is over 650 GW, and new markets are emerging, opening up new opportunities for this clean technology everywhere.
The required service life of 20 to 30 years, increasing performance requirements and use in all climatic zones (onshore and offshore) pose major challenges for materials and design.
The increasing, in particular dynamic-mechanical loads with simultaneously increasingly larger systems and the corresponding fatigue behaviour of the material make the product selection a decisive factor.
BÜFA Composite Systems offers the right products and systems as well as professional consulting and processing know-how for this industry.
The product range includes innovative composite specialities for the highest quality requirements in terms of mechanical properties, flexibility and fire protection.
The BÜFA®-Bonding Paste portfolio offers optimal products for individual requirements in the bonding of rotor blades. The corresponding adhesive resins are particularly suitable for bonding laminates that are exposed to high dynamic loads over a wide temperature range.
ADHESIVE JOINTS FOR ROTOR BLADES
The rotor diameter of the turbines installed in Germany in 2019 averaged 119 metres, the hub height 133 metres and the total height 193 metres. The quality of a rotor blade is determined by the reliability of the many bonded joints. Thick adhesive seams are required to bond shells and webs, and the material must not run off sloping walls.
There are also high requirements for temperature resistance (between -40°C to +60°C) and mechanical strength (without cracking).
PRODUCT BENEFITS OF BÜFA®-BONDING PASTE:
- Based on elasticised vinyl ester resins
- Excellent strengths
- Very good stability on vertical surfaces
- Can be processed by hand as well as with suitable BÜFA®-Tec dosing equipment
GELCOATS, TOPCOATS AND RESINS FOR ROTOR BLADES, MACHINE HOUSINGS (NACELLES) AND HUB CAPS
They are exposed to permanent environmental influences such as humidity, light, temperature, lightning and impact stress. Highly flexible materials with good impact resistance properties are therefore in demand.
Depending on the production process and later use of the components, we recommend the products from our extensive BÜFA®-Gelcoat portfolio.
BÜFA®-STANDARD GELCOATS (IN RAL 7035 / 7038 AND 9010) IN SPRAY OR HAND QUALITY
- Very good weathering values
- Very good ventilation during processing
- Highest batch-to-batch consistency (production in > 20 to batches)
- Short cycle times (short production process times)
- Robot spray application possible
BÜFA®-FIRESTOP GELCOATS / TOPCOATS
- For components subject to high stress
- For use in the implementation of fire protection standards (e.g. UIC 564, EN 13501)
- For interior coating for Nacelles
- Low styrene content
BÜFA®-RTM/ INJECTION RESINS
- For the production of laminates with high demands on mechanical strength
- Suitable for thin to medium laminate thicknesses
- Fast curing
OUR PROCESSING RECOMMENDATION: BÜFA®-TEC MACHINE TECHNOLOGY
BÜFA®-TEC BPU GAMMA4
(item number 028-1130)
This unit was specially developed for processing Bonding Paste from small containers (hobbocks 25 l).
- For applications of fibre- and hollow ball-free products
- 2-component mixing head with rinsing function
- Residual quantity optimised follower plate for Bonding Paste in hobbock
BÜFA®-TEC DELTA EVO-LINE
(item number depending on version)
The BÜFA®-TEC DELTA EVO-LINE systems are designed for a long, reliable service life. The modular design enables configuration as a fibre spray unit, gelcoat unit, laminating roll unit and RTM unit.
- Fast mantenance with minimum downtime
- Reliable and durable Delta resin and hardener pump
- Suitable for the most demanding production environments
BÜFA®-TEC BPU THETA11
(item number 028-1102)
This unit was specially developed for processing Bonding Paste from drums.
- Ideal for large components where reproducible component quality and efficient use of Bonding Paste is required
- High discharge capacity with quiet, low-wear pump operation
- Residual quantity optimised follower plate for Bonding Paste in drums
The BÜFA Tec processing systems also impress with their low rinsing agent consumption. Adaptations and extensions of the machines are possible. Feel free to get in touch with us!