Mould Making Systems
In Great Shape
In the GRP industry, only materials with the best product properties are used to produce moulds of the highest quality. Extreme resistance to styrene and temperature, high mechanical loading capacity, good gloss over the long-term as well as dimensional accuracy are important decision criteria when selecting a reliable tooling system.
Thanks to new developments in materials, our new BÜFA®VE-Tooling-Gelcoats fulﬁ l these decisive criteria. By combining them with the low-styrene, fast curing and practically shrink-free BÜFA®-Tooling-Resin, moulds that are technically of the highest quality, can be produced in just one day instead of a week.
The new BÜFA®-Conductive-Tooling-System
Conductive tool surface with 106 Ω resistance combined with the familiar properties of a Tooling Gelcoat
More attractive, high-gloss surfaces with less waviness, less cleaning effort, faster cycle times, lower scrap, longer tool life and, on top of that, new degrees of freedom in mould production: These are just some of the advantages of the new tooling systems from BÜFA. The focus of the innovation is a gelcoat made electrically conductive thanks to carbon nanotubes, which minimizes dust adhesion, drastically reduces demoulding problems and at the same time protects people and material from electric shocks. In combination with the other two components of the package, it significantly increases the cost-effectiveness of polyester resin processing.
A safety advantage for humans and the environment
- no static discharge effects during demoulding when appropriately earthed
- no charge transfer to humans or flammable materials
Faster cycle times and improved tool quality
- less dust on tool surfaces, hence better tool quality
- shorter re-coating times since cleaning steps are shortened
- lower demoulding forces required and thus easier demoulding and longer service life
Other tested properties
- consistent resistance values even after coating with release agent
- consistent resistance values after sanding and polishing
- very good gloss values after sanding and polishing
The outstanding properties of the BÜFA®-Conductive-Tooling Gelcoat
- habitual properties of a Tooling Gelcoat
- electrical conductivity (TÜV certified)
- safety advantages (use in EX zones 2, 1 and 0)
- improved tool quality
- faster cycle times due to shortened cleaning steps
- increased service life for the tools
- new opportunities for innovative processing methods
Your advantages of the BÜFA®-Conductive-Tooling Gelcoat at a glance
- meets required safety standards
- ideal workability
- high gloss and optimised surface stability
- low mould maintenance requirement
- improved tool quality
The new BÜFA®- Conductive-Tooling-System
BÜFA®-Conductive-Tooling Gelcoat H/S, nature, black, green
BÜFA 1st Layer Resin
BÜFA®-Resin VE 0910
BÜFA®-Resin VE 7100 Tooling (up to 90°C)
BÜFA®-Earthing Threaded Bolts M8x 50 Article No. 026-8363 incl. nuts, washers and lock washers (conforms with VDE 0100)
BÜFA®-Earthing Cable with Charge Clamp, Article No. 028-1325
For information on application, positioning and number per area, please refer to Technical Information on the BÜFA®-Tooling System or on request.
The new product flyer and the adaptation in our brochure of the complete product range will be issued shortly.